Saturday, January 14, 2012

Nail Marbling Drag

Playing with lacquer is one of my favorite hobbies...and art happens to be another! =) When I stumbled across Jackie Gentry's entry in the Cult Nail's competition, I immediately knew I had to try marbling.  

First, let me show you some pictures of my masterpiece~I think they turned out pretty funky. I quickly fell in love with the process and in no time, I'd decided that I love marbling!
 



I did my mani in steps:

1) The first step was applying 2 coats of CG Bahamian Escape to provide a nice solid base (that way I wouldn't have to worry about scraping the polish clear down to my nail when I was marbling/playing). I actually put on a coat of Out The Door to seal the Bahamian Escape before moving on to marbling.

2) Then I dripped (different sized globs) CG Bahamian Escape, CG Sea Spray, and CG First Mate onto one nail at a time. I quickly took a toothpick and dragged the toothpick through all three of the colors with swirly little flicks. If it looked like it needed more of a color, I just added a dab of that color!

I would have to say that this is definitely one of my most favorite manicures I've done~it's also the most fun~and I can't wait to try out other color combos.

A special thanks goes out to Jackie for sharing the link on needle marbling design! http://adventuresinacetone.blogspot.com/2011/10/needle-marble-design.html

2 comments: