Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spring Challenge: Buy Your Easter Eggs!

Hello Lovelies! For today on The Purple Crumpet Fairy Challenge, my task was to paint Your Easter Eggs! So, I got a little creative with the theme and I opted to make each of my fingernails represent an egg. I painted them white with Essie blanc and covered them with a dash of Seche Vite to seal the color.

Then...things got CRAZY!! I started the egg dying process by watercoloring each nail a different Spring color. For a step by step of how I do this, visit my Watercolor Wash Too post. I changed colors for every finger, giving the nails a skittlish watercolored egg effect. I LOVE the end result and I am thoroughly enjoying wearing my Easter Egg-o-cure. It's so unique and fun!

For the watercolor wash, I used China Glaze Dance Baby (pointer), Gothic Lolita (middle), Bahamian Escape (ring), and Ga Ga for Green (pinky). I added the green rhinestone for a bit of flair. ^.^
Here's my Easter Eggs:

Here are the other lovely bloggers participating in The Purple Crumpet Fairy Challenge. I'd love for you to see their work!~

7 comments: