Saturday, February 4, 2012

Triangle Half-Moons

Today I wanted to try something I've been wanting to do for awhile now and I decided use one of my new Zoya polishes (I picked up on clearance at Ulta~half price) to do it. =)

The mission: Triangle Half-Moons. I chose China Glaze Something Sweet as my base color and applied 2 coats. Once that was dry, I quickly decided that Zoya Dita was the perfect lacquer to complete this look. 
To create the triangle half moons, I applied the polish in criss-cross strokes so that they formed a pointed triangle. Then I finished off the tips. I did this free-hand, but it would work with tape if you are good with it. I (on the other hand) prefer free-hand...even though it doesn't look perfectly straight. >.<

What do you think of this look? Have you tried triangle half-moons yet? I do want to give a quick shout out that I LOVE ZOYA! The brush was amazing to work with and the color went on as smooth as silk~perfect coverage! (This was my very first time using Zoya and I'm officially a fan.)

I hope you enjoyed! Thanks for visiting & Happy Lacquering! =)

5 comments:

  1. We have a lot in common! I love Zoya too! Hey, Lacquistry restocked as did Nerd Lacquer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Please e-mail me nataliece96 at gmail dot com ! It's something really important and thanks for comming to my blog so often! I really love your's too! <3 nataliece.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loove how small the half moon is, makes it cutesy ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the colour.

    http://esmaltesycia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete