Saturday, February 18, 2012

Spring Challenge: Spring Water Marble

Happy Saturday! ^.^ For The Purple Crumpet Fairy Challenge, my task today was a spring water marble. The words water and marble together had my knees knocking, cuz I have "played" in the water once before, but it never amounted to more than a big ole pile of polish soaked toothpicks and me covered in gooey painted scotch tape.

However, since it was for the challenge, I wanted to give it another go. *.*  I used Sephora by OPI Techno Girl & Iris I was Thinner and then decided to add in China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise for more color.

Here's the results:
Still pretty messy, but I am starting to get the hang of it...I think. >.<
Next time, I'll put a white coat of polish on before I marble...that might help make it less transparent.

Have you had success with water marbling? Any super secret tips you'd like to share with me?!? I'd really appreciate the help!

Here are the other lovely bloggers participating in The Purple Crumpet Fairy Challenge. I'd love for you to see their work!~
Thanks for stopping by and have a spectacular day!
As always, Happy Lacquering! =)

9 comments:

  1. I wish I'd put on white polish first! That's a good idea! I really like the colours you've used :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I thought about the white AFTER I got finished...lol :P

      Delete
  2. hiya I have a water marble step by step on my blog.. no scotch tape required! I have been told that my tutorial is pretty helpful?! keep up the good work..that nail challenge is epic!! good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I'll check out your tutorial~I appreciate the help!!! Thanks! This challenge is so much fun. ^.^

      Delete
  3. I like the middle on a lot! Really subtle :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought it looked too transparent...so I added the turquoise. It does look subtle, tho. :)

      Delete
  4. Cute!!! Howd you get the middle finger to come out like that?

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna. I dipped each finger individually and when I started with my middle finger (don't ask why...I have no idea!!)I just used the pink and purple. Then I thought it was too transparent so I added turquoise to try and make it more opaque. This was definitely a challenge for me!! lol

      Delete